[SciPy-user] New Lyx Version eas(ier) to install on Windows.

massimo sandal massimo.sandal at unibo.it
Fri Feb 10 08:32:36 CST 2006

>  you have all the
> section subsection etc machinery visible from the page layout, without
> having to constantly do an implicit parse of stuff like:
>
> \subsection{Specific Aims}
> \item{{\bf Aim 1:}
>
> It's simple enough to do in your head, but just soaks up brain
> processing power that I would prefer to use for the writing.

What parsing? I just read "subsection" and that's exactly what I want to
know: that it is a subsection. It's a logical chunk of my document. To
see the logical structure of my document exposed is actually more
straightforward for me.

Probably our brains are just hardwired differently... :)

> Most of us using LyX used to use LaTeX - so the acid test is - try it
> for a while...  Come on in, the waters warm.

I promise I'll give it a try, again!

m.

--
Massimo Sandal