[SciPy-user] SciPy on mandriva

manouchk manouchk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 14:31:48 CST 2006

I'm wondering if there are SciPy mandriva users. I'm quite new to python and
SciPy. It seems that mandriva have obsolete scientific related python
packages.

python-SciPy-0.3.2-5mdk.src.rpm
python-numarray-1.5.1-1mdk.src.rpm
python-scientific-2.4.9-5mdk.src.rpm
python-numeric-24.0-2mdk.src.rpm

aparently mandriva still didn't switch to NumPy, it seems that matplotlib is
not included etc...

I've seen numpy provides a src.rpm packages that could be probably installed.
Can NumPy be installed in conjonction with numeric? or must replace numeric?

I'm wondering if there are some "clean" src.rpm for mandriva somewhere for all
thoose packages (matplotlib, NumPy, SciPy) in their recent version? (if not I
could work on them!)

thank you,
Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin