[SciPy-user] ANN: Python Enthought Edition Version 0.9.2 Released

Christian Kristukat ckkart at hoc.net
Fri Feb 17 23:53:56 CST 2006

Travis N. Vaught wrote:
> Enthought is pleased to announce the release of Python Enthought Edition
> Version 0.9.2 (http://code.enthought.com/enthon/) -- a python
> distribution for Windows.  This is a kitchen-sink-included Python
> distribution including the following packages/tools out of the box:
>
> Numeric 24.2
> SciPy 0.3.3
> IPython 0.6.15
> Enthought Tool Suite 1.0.2
> wxPython 2.6.1.0
> PIL 1.1.4
> mingw 20030504-1
> f2py 2.45.241_1926
> MayaVi 1.5
> Scientific Python 2.4.5
> VTK 4.4
> and many more...

Very nice package, however I can't get mayavi running correctly on XP. It looks
like it is mayavi2 rather than 1.5, right? I tried to load heart.vtk and got an
error message telling that I had to create a VTK scene first, although I did
create one before. I noticed that the usual pipeline tree does not show up and
there are some console error messages which I forgot to record, sorry.
Any ideas?

Regards, Christian