[SciPy-user] ANN: Python Enthought Edition Version 0.9.2 Released

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Sat Feb 18 12:05:25 CST 2006

    Christian> Travis N. Vaught wrote:
    >> Enthought is pleased to announce the release of Python
    >> Enthought Edition Version 0.9.2
[...]
    Christian> Very nice package, however I can't get mayavi running
    Christian> correctly on XP. It looks like it is mayavi2 rather
    Christian> than 1.5, right? I tried to load heart.vtk and got an
    Christian> error message telling that I had to create a VTK scene
    Christian> first, although I did create one before. I noticed that
    Christian> the usual pipeline tree does not show up and there are
    Christian> some console error messages which I forgot to record,
    Christian> sorry.  Any ideas?

Right, there are some nasty problems with 0.9.2 and mayavi.
MayaVi-1.5 is not installed at all and the installed version of
mayavi2 seems to have pretty bad problems.  If you don't mind tracking
ETS via SVN you can just delete (or rename)
Lib/site-packages/enthought and separately get the Enthought package
from SVN http://svn.enthought.com/svn/enthought/trunk.  This is
described here:

 http://www.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/GrabbingAndBuilding

and also here: