[SciPy-user] 3D plotting

Robert Cimrman cimrman3 at ntc.zcu.cz
Tue Feb 21 08:07:14 CST 2006

Hi,

I need to do some simple 3D plots, so I tried the two Cookbook recipes
(xplt, mplot3d) and failed:

* xplt: does not work when using a custom installation directory such as
python setup.py install --root=/home/share/software

apparently the gistdata directory path is wrong:
gist.error: failed to create drawing -- Gist work.gs style sheet missing

* mplot3d: does not work with my version of matplotlib (0.80). I have
made the changes mentioned in the Cookbook to no avail. (Axes.__init__()
args apparently changed, as well as some other matplotlib object attributes)

Any ideas? mplot3d looks great, I would really like to use it!

thanks,
r.