[SciPy-user] Help on special.hankel1

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Feb 22 08:54:54 CST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Nils Wagner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The output of
>
> help (special.hankel1) is not very informative.
> Help on ufunc:
>
> hankel1 = <ufunc 'hankel1'>

Use a proper interactive shell, e.g.: http://ipython.scipy.org/

In [1]: import scipy.special
In [2]: scipy.special.hankel1?
Type:           ufunc
String Form:    <ufunc 'hankel1'>
Namespace:      Interactive
Docstring:
    y = hankel1(x1,x2) y=hankel1(v,z) returns the Hankel function of the
first kind for real order v and complex argument z.

(Not sure why the normal help does not show the docstring,
In [3]: scipy.special.hankel1.__doc__
Out[3]: 'y = hankel1(x1,x2) y=hankel1(v,z) returns the Hankel function of
the first kind for real order v and complex argument z.'
)

TH, Arnd