[SciPy-user] (no subject)

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Fri Feb 24 18:13:38 CST 2006

Adrián López wrote:

>Great !!! Using some similar code, it was running OK on a machine
>while in another was giving me a strange error.
>
>lsoda--  repeated calls with istate = 1 and tout = t (=r1)
>       In above message,  R1 =  0.0000000000000E+00
>lsoda--  run aborted.. apparent infinite loop
>
>Was yours similar?
>At any rate, if I run
>
>svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy

Actually you just need to install a new numpy.

(But, because current svn numpy as a changed C-API) you will also have
to install scipy too).

So, I would do

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk numpy

cd numpy
python setup.py install

Then

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy
python setup.py install

(But, you will need ATLAS installed for the second one to work --- and
the first one to give optimized linear-algebra).

-Travis