[SciPy-user] Sparse matrix file format converter

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Feb 27 02:11:58 CST 2006

I thought it might be of interest...

From: "Mark Hoemmen" <mark.hoemmen at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:38:06 -0800
Subject: Sparse matrix file format converter

As part of my work for the UC Berkeley Benchmarking and Optimization
Group ("BeBOP"), I've written the BeBOP Sparse Matrix Converter, a library
and standalone utility for converting between Harwell-Boeing, MatrixMarket
and Matlab (ASCII) sparse matrix file formats.  I am releasing the library
under a BSD license.  Please try it out, and feel free to send me suggestions
at mhoemmen at cs.berkeley.edu.  Here is the website for the converter:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~mhoemmen/bebop/smc.html

This library was put together with help from Richard Vuduc, Rajesh Nishtala,
Ankit Jain, and other BeBOP colleagues.

Mark Hoemmen
mhoemmen at cs.berkeley.edu