[SciPy-user] Missing 'plt'

Alec Edgington alec at obtext.com
Mon Feb 27 07:01:39 CST 2006

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me get started with plotting using 'plt' in
scipy. Aplogogies in advance for being an idiot.

I'm running on up-to-date Windows XP; I've downloaded and installed
python-2.4.2, numpy-0.9.5, wxPython-2.6 and scipy-0.4.6.

But the 'plt' sub-package just doesn't seem to be there. Nor does
gui_thread. So when I start up IDLE and try to follow the instructions in
http://sg0.chem.upenn.edu/adam/howto/scipy/mini-plt.shtml, all that happens
is:

>>> import gui_thread

Traceback (most recent call last):
    import gui_thread
ImportError: No module named gui_thread
>>> from scipy import *
>>> from scipy import plt

Traceback (most recent call last):
    from scipy import plt
ImportError: cannot import name plt

I checked in C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\scipy and found no folder called
'plt'.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Alec