[SciPy-user] Missing 'plt'

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 08:29:29 CST 2006

The documentation may not reflect this yet, but scipy recommends 2D
plotting be handled by matplotlib:
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

and instead of dealing with gui_thread directly, use the ipython shell
which has lots of other nice features:
http://ipython.scipy.org/
launch ipython with the -pylab flag and it will handle all of your
threading needs.  In windows that most likely means looking at the
properties of the desktop short cut and adding -pylab to the end of
the part that actually launches ipython.  In linux that means typing
ipython -pylab at the command prompt.

Ryan