[SciPy-user] Renaming scipy_core: here we go again

Gerard Vermeulen gerard.vermeulen at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Wed Jan 4 02:20:32 CST 2006

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:39:38 -0700
Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Gerard Vermeulen wrote:
>
> > Why not
> > scipy (was scipy-core)
> > and
> > scipy++ (was scipy-svn)?
> >

> > Those names are less obscure than the ones proposed and people may guess
> > there is a base package and an extension package.
>
> import scipy++
>
> is not valid python.

True, but I proposed this on the assumption that all scipy++ stuff gets
installed in the scipy directory (I may have missed a discussion on
installing scipy-core and scipy-full in two separate directories).

If my assumption is still valid, users would never have to do
import scipy++

Gerard

PS: the svn repository can be called something else than scipy++, isn't it?