[SciPy-user] New name for Scipy Core is NumPy

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Thu Jan 5 13:12:30 CST 2006

That's because matplotlib does a "import setuptools" in the setup.py
script (inside a try/except clause).

The same behavior for other packages that doen't explicitly ask for
setuptools if you do, at the command line, "python -c "import
setuptools; execfile('setup.py')" your_setup.py_arguments_here".

Cheers!
Andrew