[SciPy-user] scipy.fftpack performance (was Re: scipy.basic to numpy)

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Fri Jan 6 03:01:55 CST 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Pearu Peterson wrote:

[...]

> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Arnd Baecker wrote:
>
> > Hi Pearu,
> >
> > Do you also observe a very poor performance of fftw-3.0.1 for
> > (in particular for complex Arrays)?
>
> So, yes. I get similar behavior on a 32-bit box. So, it's probably not a
> 64-bit issue.
>
> A reason for using fftw3 is slower than when using fftw2 could be due to
> the fact that fftw2 wrappers use cache while fftw3 wrappers don't, if I
> recall correctly. I'll look into later..

That would be fantastic!

> Could you create a ticket in
>
>    http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/wiki
>
> about this issue?

Sure. I submitted that anonymously (it seems I have either
forgotten my login/password or I never had one for that ;-)

There it is:
  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/1

(does this honestly mean this is the first ticket for scipy?
If I had known that I would written a nicer text ;-).

Best, Arnd