[SciPy-user] numpy compatibility with third-party packages?

Francesc Altet falted at pytables.org
Tue Jan 10 05:46:30 CST 2006

Hi Giovanni,

I'm working to provide an interface to the new numpy for PyTables.
However, I can't make promises about the time-frame of a public
release (we plan to include some other features before doing this).

So, don't worry too much about that ;-)

A Dimarts 10 Gener 2006 10:35, Giovanni Samaey va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been making quite intensive use of scipy over the last year(s),
> and something that has been a pain for me with the new scipy is the
> combined use
> of e.g. scipy and mpipython or scipy and pytables etc.
>
> The issue is that mpipython and pytables assume that you are feeding
> them numarray
> or Numeric arrays, and they don't know the new numpy objects.  Sometimes
> using
> Numeric.array(...) before sending and scipy.array(...) after getting
> them returns wrong
> results without me noticing what happened.  Also, this is not really
> handy for programming.
>
> Are there efforts to make such packages use new numpy, or efforts to let
> arrays present them
> in the "expected" way (this is probably silly).  Or are there plans to
> make scipy such a fantastic
> collection of packages that we do not need the "outside world" anymore?
>
> Do other people have this problem?

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"