[SciPy-user] NumPy On OpenBSD

LATORNELL, Doug Doug.LATORNELL at mdsinc.com
Tue Jan 10 15:12:23 CST 2006

I'm having a go a building NumPy on OpenBSD 3.8 installed on an P4 box
running Python 2.4.1.  I think I'm almost there, but I get the message
"floating point flags not supported on this platform" twice when I
import numpy, and about 30,000 times when I run numpy.test(10).  If I
edit out that message though, the tests seem to have all been passed.

I tracked the "floating point flags not supported on this platform"
message down to numpy/core/include/numpy/ufuncobject.h  It looks like
OpenBSD falls through the ifdefined structure that defines
UFUNC_CHECK_STATUS(ret).  Looking at the various ways that the IEEE
flags are tested for different platforms, I think OpenBSD might fall
into the same block as SunOS since I have an ieeefp.h and an
fpgetsticky() function.  Does this make sense, or am I barking up the
wrong tree completely?  The problem is that I don't know what magic word
I should add as an OR clause to

#elif defined(sun)

to test my guess.  Where are the various platform names that are checked
in unfuncobject.h defined?

Any advice is appreciated...

Doug Latornell
MDS Nordion
Vancouver, BC, Canada

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or confidential information and may be read or used only by the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at the number listed.