[SciPy-user] NumPy On OpenBSD

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Jan 12 16:38:52 CST 2006

mfmorss at aep.com wrote:

>Well, by changing "defined(AIX)" to "defined(_AIX)" in ufuncobject.h, I was
>able to get past the "floating point flags not supported" problem, but
>unfortunately, the resulting function UFUNC_CHECK_STATUS(ret) does not
>work, to put it mildly.  Later on in the install, I get this:

This is the first post I'm aware of trying to build on the AIX
platform,  so it is not that surprising you are having some
difficulties.   It looks to me like there are multiple issues here.
Did the code compile before you changed defined(AIX) to defined(_AIX)?

If you are willing to help, we can try to get it to work.

-Travis