[SciPy-user] problems with stats.py

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Sun Jan 15 17:36:34 CST 2006

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, oliver.tomic at matforsk.no apparently wrote:
> Previously I used Numeric 23.8 and everything worked fine. Then I installed
> Numpy and replaced 'Numeric' with 'Numpy' everywhere in the code. Now the
> following occurs:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Python24\pmse_Plot.py", line 175, in pmsePlotter
>     ANOVAresults = lF_oneway(preANOVA[(assessor, attribute)])
>   File "C:\Python24\stats.py", in line 1534, in lF_oneway
>     means = map(amean,tmp)
> NameError: global name 'amean' is not defined

Numeric did not define amean either.
This is defined in stats.py

Are you making the replacements in Strangman's code?
Don't forget his stats.py uses pstat.py.
It might turn on how you are importing the module functions.

fwiw,
Alan Isaac

PS Your directory structure looks very odd to me, by the
way.  Isn't Lib/site-packages a more common place to install
such modules?