[SciPy-user] ANN: SciPy 0.4.4 released

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 08:16:57 CST 2006

Edson Tadeu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for this release, SciPy is a very useful tool/framework, and now
> we can officially use SciPy in Python 2.4 too :)
>
> I think xplt is missing in SciPy 0.4.4 binaries. I installed "SciPy
> 0.4.4 for Python 2.4 and Pentium 3" binary, but site-packages/scipy/xplt
> only has gistdemomovie.py and pyc!

xplt, gplt and plt have been removed from scipy. They currently live in the
scipy.sandbox namespace, but that is probably not built for official releases.
They will not be returning to scipy. There has been some stated interest in
taking up the maintenance of xplt as a separate package, but no one has
announced a release or a new home for the code.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter