[SciPy-user] Failed build w/ mingw

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Jan 17 20:04:58 CST 2006

Travis Brady wrote:

> Thanks, Travis.
> The build succeeds after commenting out the montecarlo bit, but I
> receive the following when trying to run the tests.

> import utils -> failed: No module named base
> Overwriting lib=<module 'scipy.lib' from
> 'C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\scipy\li
> b\__init__.pyc'> from
> C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\scipy\lib\__init__.pyc (was
> <module 'numpy.lib ' from
> 'C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.pyc'>
>  from C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.pyc)
> Fatal Python error: can't initialize module specfun (failed to import
> scipy.base
> )

Hmm...  This is odd.  It looks like you are picking up an old header
file from somewhere.  This failure is due to import_array() in the
initialization and it's apparently trying to load scipy.base.  This used
to be what was loaded to get the C-API.  But, now it's numpy.core.

Make sure you are not picking up old versions of the header when you
compile scipy...

-Travis