[SciPy-user] fisrt version of physical constants module + codata

Gary pajer at iname.com
Fri Jun 2 20:41:28 CDT 2006

Robert Kern wrote:

>weg werp wrote:
>

>>As a wrapper around the codata I made an easy-to-use module which just
>>defines a bunch of floats and a few small functions. This also
>>contains a lot of conversion constants between SI and other systems.
>>It was fun digging for all the official definitions. Made me happy
>>that I grew up in a metric country....
>>

>IMO, *the* units conversion package is Frink (though it's not Python). Grab unit
>conversion values from its data file:
>
>  http://futureboy.homeip.net/frinkdata/units.txt
>
>Any units package worth its salt should be able to replicate Frink's sample
>calculations:
>
>  http://futureboy.homeip.net/frinkdocs/#SampleCalculations

A lot of the Frink stuff is ridiculous. (OT: his editorializing grates,
c.f. his ignorant comments on the candela).
The webi, mebi, yaco, whacko, stuff doesn't take much work, I guess, but
has anyone *ever* used them?
(I *once* saw yacto in a published work).  But again, it doesn't take
much energy to include.