[SciPy-user] Scipy and Py2exe

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Thu Jun 8 04:59:50 CDT 2006

Hi!
I have a WX application that uses scipy. I want to compile it into an exe file using py2exe. I am using
scipy '0.3.3_303.4602'and py2exe version 0.6.5. I wrote my setup.py file, and got the error that the cephes library could not be found. This is mentioned in the py2exe wiki <http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/ScipyImportProblems>.
I tried the workaround, but it doesn't help, as the executable cannot find the cephes.pyd file. After copying the file from the scipy library directory, the cephes library is found, but I get a new error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PinchoGUI.py", line 11, in ?
  File "CalcularLai.pyc", line 1, in ?
  File "scipy\__init__.pyc", line 118, in ?
  File "scipy\__init__.pyc", line 37, in _pkg_titles
ValueError: min() or max() arg is an empty sequence

I also noticed that py2exe adds most of the scipy packages (linalg, fft...), which I am not using. Can I exclude some of these modules being added, and if so, how?

I am only starting with py2exe, and will be happy to provide any more details.

Many thanks for your help.

Jose