[SciPy-user] SciPy - ACML - PGI compiler. Getting a newbie started

Buddy Damm e.buddy.damm at timken.com
Mon Jun 12 12:52:37 CDT 2006

Hi,

I need to have SciPy 0.3.x to improve efficiency for FiPy.  I'm having
trouble, and have tried several things.  My machine is Suse 10.0 linux,
64 bit.  I have the SciPy_complete-0.3.2 tar ball, and have tried to
modify my site.cfg file as shown below.  Since I have acml math
libraries I don't have atlas, blas, or lapack.  I am also running the
Portland Group workstation compilers.

Below is further information on my site.cfg and the errors I am getting

Any help to get the installation to work would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Here is the meat of my site.cfg,
[DEFAULT]
library_dirs = /usr/lib:/opt/acml3.0.0/pgi64/lib
include_dirs = /opt/acml3.0.0/pgi64/include
[atlas]
atlas_libs = acml
language = pgf77
[lapack]
lapack_libs = acml
language = pgf77
[lapack_src]
# src_dirs = /opt/acml3.0.0/pgi64/include
[blas]
blas_libs = acml
language = pgf77

Here are the errors when I run
$ python setup.py build build_flib --fcompiler=pgf77 install

ERRORS/NOTES
fftw_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

dfftw_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

    FFTW (http://www.fftw.org/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [fftw]) or by setting
    the FFTW environment variable.
djbfft_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

    DJBFFT (http://cr.yp.to/djbfft.html) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [djbfft]) or by setting
    the DJBFFT environment variable.
blas_opt_info:
atlas_blas_threads_info:
scipy_distutils.system_info.atlas_blas_threads_info
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_info:
scipy_distutils.system_info.atlas_blas_info
  NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:982: UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:991: UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas]) or by setting
    the BLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_src_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

scipy_core/scipy_distutils/system_info.py:994: UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) sources not found.
    Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the
    scipy_distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas_src]) or by setting
    the BLAS_SRC environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasSrcNotFoundError.__doc__)
  NOT AVAILABLE

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 111, in ?
    setup_package(ignore_packages)
  File "setup.py", line 85, in setup_package
    ignore_packages = ignore_packages)
  File "scipy_core/scipy_distutils/misc_util.py", line 475, in
get_subpackages
    config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
  File
"/home/damme/DownLoads/fipy/SciPy_complete-0.3.2/Lib/integrate/setup_integrate.py", line 22, in configuration
    raise NotFoundError,'no blas resources found'
scipy_distutils.system_info.NotFoundError: no blas resources found

--
E. Buddy Damm
ph. 330-471-2703
e.buddy.damm at timken.com

This message and any attachments are intended for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please
do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this communication to
others; also please notify the sender by replying to this message,
and then delete it from your system. The Timken Company / The
Timken Corporation