[SciPy-user] Problems with odeint

Víctor Martínez-Moll victor.martinez at uib.es
Thu Jun 15 04:21:16 CDT 2006

Thanks Vinicius!

Nice results! The figure looks right and it is almost identical to what
I get with Scilab.

But unfortunately when I run it on my computer the only thing I get is:

	Repeated error test failures (internal error).
	Run with full_output = 1 to get quantitative information.

And if I remove hmin=0.01,atol=.001 then I simply get no error message
but the same empty screen (in fact is not empty, there is a horizontal
line at y =0 for dy and another one at y = 1 for ddy).

Did you change any parameter?
If not it looks like a bug in my odeint version. I use the one that
comes with: enthon-python2.4-1.0.0.beta2.exe.
What version did you run?

En/na Vinicius Lobosco ha escrit:
> Typical... And now the figure!
> /vinicius
>
> On 6/14/06, *Vinicius Lobosco* <vinicius.lobosco at paperplat.com
> <mailto:vinicius.lobosco at paperplat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Victor!
>
>     I just ran your code on my machine to take a closer look and I goot
>     some nice results, which at first glance seem to be right. Please,
>     check the attached figure.
>
>     /Vinicius
>

>     --
>     ---------------------------------
>     Vinicius Lobosco, PhD
>     www.paperplat.com <http://www.paperplat.com>
>
>     +46   8 612 7803
>     +46 73 925 8476
>
>     Björnnäsvägen 21
>     SE-113 47 Stockholm, Sweden
>

> --
> ---------------------------------
> Vinicius Lobosco, PhD
> www.paperplat.com <http://www.paperplat.com>
>
> +46   8 612 7803
> +46 73 925 8476
>
> Björnnäsvägen 21
> SE-113 47 Stockholm, Sweden

Víctor Martínez Moll           | Universitat de les Illes Balears
Departament de Física          | Edifici Mateu Orfila
Àrea d'Enginyeria Mecànica     | E-07122, Palma de Mallorca, SPAIN
e-mail: victor.martinez at uib.es | Tel:34-971171374 Fax:34-971173426