[SciPy-user] SciPy web docs: add FC5 install instructions

Mark Alford alford at wuphys.wustl.edu
Thu Jun 15 21:54:48 CDT 2006

I just installed SciPy on Fedora Core 5. After some work, I found out
that it was easy:

   yum install numpy
   yum install lapack-devel blas-devel
   setenv ATLAS /usr/lib/atlas   # Did this achieve anything?
Download and unzip scipy-0.4.8 to /usr/local/src/
   cd /usr/local/src/scipy-0.4.8   # 0.4.8 is compatible with FC5 numpy
   python setup.py install  >& install.log

Shouldn't this info be on the SciPy installation help page
   http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux

What's there now is a link to "the unofficial instructions by written by
Steve Baum.". That is a long and impressively detailed document which
will be very helpful to some experts. But I think it would help a lot of
simple folk to also see the recipe I just gave above. How can we add
this info to that web page?