[SciPy-user] error on testing installed package and question on calling lapack functions

JJ josh8912 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 17 12:59:07 CDT 2006

Hello all:
First a quick question on calling lapack functions.
It seems that scipy does not have a function for
calculating the reciprocal condition number of a
matrix.  If I can pass a matrix to the lapack function
DGECON I can get the values I need, but I dont
understand the syntax for calling lapack functions.  I
read about lapack.get_lapack_funcs but still am
confused.  Could someone offer a simple example to
call a lapack function from python?

Second, with some effort I got AMD, numpy, and scipy
to install on my AMD 64 bit machine using the amcl
libs.  I did install cblas but as far as I could tell,
neither numpy nor scipy linked to the libraries.  I
did get one error when I ran the tests after
installing.  If anyone is interested, here it is: