[SciPy-user] can't import scipy.interpolate

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 12:15:28 CDT 2006

Gary wrote:
>  >>> scipy.__core_version__
> '0.8.4'
>  >>> import scipy.interpolate
> Fatal Python error: can't initialize module fitpack
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.

Hmm. That looks like an old build from when we were still calling numpy "scipy
core". Probably there is a mismatch between the "scipy core" version (that's the
version number you printed) and the scipy version (scipy.__version__).

I recommend upgrading to the latest numpy and scipy.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco