[SciPy-user] Anybody used weave.blitz to speed NumPy up?

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Thu Jun 29 02:13:46 CDT 2006

The attached image shows what I get with Python 2.3.5, Enthought Edition
(0.9.7) on windows XP laptop.  Weave.blitz appears to behave fine
showing a consistent and significant benefit.

It doesn't appear to affect this problem because the arrays are so
large, but blitz does some checking to make sure the array sizes are all
compatible before running calculations.  This can be significant in some
cases.  You can try the following and see if it helps (but I doubt that
is the issue).

    blitz(expr,check_size=0)

eric