No subject

Thu Jun 29 10:37:20 CDT 2006

approximation to the jacobian matrix and not too wide. There are very
good (fast and accurate) integrators in vode that even don't need
jacobian, but it again depends on the propertis of the ODE system.

My advice would be to try different integrators on a relatively small
problem (say few hundreds of equations) and tune the integrator parameters
for the best performance (it is usually a good idea to keep accuracy high
as for large problems smaller accuracy introduces quickly numerical errors
and the integration becomes very slow or does not converge at all).
And after that, run the integrator on a large problem.

Regards,
	Pearu