[SciPy-user] gfortran, ifc, compat-g77

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Mar 3 03:06:44 CST 2006

Eric Emsellem wrote:
> Hi,
> I have compiled these on two machines: a laptop (see output of cpuinfo
> below)
> and a desktop both with Suse 10. With the procedure I sent you, I had
> no problem installing all of it, except for the line to be added in
> the setup of matplotlib (I hope the new version has been updated).
>
> And no, I cannot reproduce the failure you have with the test on
> scipy. sorry... (I am not an expert there, so cannot really help)
>
> Eric
>
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 9
> model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1700MHz
> stepping        : 5
> cpu MHz         : 598.146
> cache size      : 1024 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 2
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pbe est tm2
> bogomips        : 1197.31
>

>> Hi Eric,
>>

>> Finally I was able to compile ATLAS on SuSE 10.0.
>> BTW, what is the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo ?
>>
>> numpy.test(1,10) works fine.
>> Now I have some trouble with scipy.test(1,10).
>> Can you reproduce this failure ?
>>
>> This is the output of scipy.test(1,10)
>>
>> snip
>>
>> check_y_stride (scipy.linalg.tests.test_fblas.test_zswap) ... ok
>> check_algebraic_log_weight
>> (scipy.integrate.tests.test_quadpack.test_quad) ... ok
>> check_cauchypv_weight (scipy.integrate.tests.test_quadpack.test_quad)
>> ... ok
>> check_cosine_weighted_infinite
>> (scipy.integrate.tests.test_quadpack.test_quad)STOP 778
>>
>> Program exited with code 012.
>> (gdb) bt
>> No stack.
>>

>> Nils

Hi Eric,

Did you use gfortran to compile lapack ? Robert mentioned that gfortran
is unstable !
How did you compile ATLAS in detail ?
Which version did you use 3.7.11 developer or 3.6 stable ?
Which flags did you use -fPIC etc ?
Also which fortran compiler did you use gfortran / g77 ?
It would be very kind of you if you could expand on that.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, did you try my code sparse_test.py ?

Nils