[SciPy-user] CSparse: software for upcoming book on sparse direct methods

Nils Wagner nwagner at mecha.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Mar 6 08:34:06 CST 2006

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Mar 2006, Nils Wagner apparently wrote:
>
>> This might be of interest.  See
>> http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/CSparse or
>> http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/CXSparse
>>

> License?
> To be useful, ask him for something like MIT or BSD.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan Isaac

Hi Alan,

>Dear Dr. Davis,

>I saw your recent announcement in NA Digest, V. 06, # 09. Please can you
>expand on the license issue w.r.t. all your sparse matrix packages.
>I long to know whether its possible to release them under MIT or BSD.

>I look forward to hearing from you.

>With best regards,
>                      Nils Wagner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_license

This is the reply by Tim.

 There is a License.txt file in each package.  Many are GNU LGPL.

A few modules in CHOLMOD are GNU GPL.  I'm not familiar

enough with the MIT and BSD licenses, so I'd rather leave them

under GNU.

Thanks,

Tim