[SciPy-user] SciPy-user Digest, Vol 31, Issue 8

pierregm pgmdevlist at mailcan.com
Tue Mar 7 03:47:19 CST 2006

Paul,
I'm running numpy/scipy on an Gentoo/AMD64 without glitches. I assume you have
some troubles with lapack/blas & atlas ? I just followed the generic
installation instructions from the wiki
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/BuildingGeneral
I copied the blas.a and lapack.a I got in /usr/lib, and the numpy/scipy
installation went fine. Not a very elegant method, but one that does the
trick.
But I'm surprised you have some 32b libraries in /usr/lib. Don't you have
a /usr/lib32 in parallel to /usr/lib64, with lib pointing to lib64 only ? I
remmbr having the same problem with SuSE (the reason why I switched to
Gentoo). What are the libraries being accessed, in fact ?
Sorry for not being more helpful

--
Pierre GM