[SciPy-user] Compiling scipy with ifort on an intel Mac

Jordan Mantha mantha at chem.unr.edu
Tue Mar 7 21:46:44 CST 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 1:13 PM, Rob Hetland wrote:

> I have had a hard time getting g77 compiled on my intel Mac, but I do
> have a beta version of the intel fortran compiler for the Mac...  So,
> I am trying to get scipy compiled with ifort.

I too have a Intel iMac and have been having a similar struggle. I
signed up to get the beta Intel Fortran compiler but haven't gotten
it yet. I'm very interested in getting scipy and numpy to work on
this computer so if you get it to work please email the list for the
rest of  us Intel mac users. I've tried some of the g77/gcc builds
from http://hpc.sourceforge.net/index.php  and http://
wiki.urbanek.info/index.cgi?TigerGCC without much success.

-Jordan Mantha