[SciPy-user] SciPy job ad

Gennan Chen gnchen at cortechs.net
Wed Mar 8 11:07:38 CST 2006

Hi! All,

I know this is not the right place to put an ad. But I think someone
in scipy community might be interested in this job:

Neuroimaging System Engineer/Programmer
CorTechs Labs, Inc. is developing MRI-based diagnostics which are
targeted at the volumetric measurement, classification, and early
detection of specific Central Nervous System diseases, including
Alzheimer’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and HIV. We are currently
seeking candidates for a Neuroimaging System Engineer/Programmer
position which will develop and support commercial software code
which allows radiolical and healthcare IT components to interface
with our diagnostic software components. As a member of a small
development team, you will work closely with world-class scientists
and physicians who are participating in the National Institute of
Health/National Institute of Aging/National Institute of Infectious
Diseases sponsored projects.

Qualifications

-3-5 years of experience in developing commercial and or academic
applications in the Python language.

-Expert in building Python extension module

-Experience in embedding Python

-3 – 5 years of experience in DICOM components and a thorough
understanding of the DICOM standard

-3 – 5 years of experience with Matlab and C/C++

-Experience with HPC (High Performance Computation) system

-Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL +Python/PHP)

-Experience with SQL programming calls to relational database
management systems

-Experience with QT/PyQT and OpenGL will be a plus.

Duties and Responsibilities

-Based upon written specifications and perhaps well defined prototype
components, design and build commercial interface code which allows
clinicians to use our computationally derived products within
workflow customary in hospitals and radiology departments.

-Develop a service based extension which allows for broader use of a
centrally available computational resource for medical researchers

-Help scientist to port current code to Python-based scientific
computation environment.

Education

A M.S. or higher from an accredited college in Computer Science or
other related discipline, and 3.5 or higher GPA is required.

Cortechs Labs, Inc. is located in La Jolla Village in San Diego, CA.
This is a full-time position which includes a competitive salary,
subsidized healthcare benefits, vacation, and if needed H1B
sponsorship. Qualified candidates should send or email (please do not
send Word files- they will not be opened) their resumes to the
attention of:

Howard Pinsky, Chief Operating Officer
Cortechs Labs, Inc.
1020 Prospect St., Suite 304
La Jolla, CA 92037
Or email to: pinsky at cortechs.net

Gen-Nan Chen, PhD
Chief Scientist
Research and Development Group
CorTechs Labs Inc (www.cortechs.net)
1020 Prospect St., #304, La Jolla, CA, 92037
Tel: 1-858-459-9700 ext 16
Fax: 1-858-459-9705
Email: gnchen at cortechs.net