[SciPy-user] scipy.test problem

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 14:22:45 CST 2006

Hi,

> I work on a dual processor Xeon box, and try to install scipy. After
> various unsuccessful attempts, I now compiled BLAS, LAPACK ATLAS and
> FFTW3.1 from scratch, then installed numpy-0.9.5 and then installed
> scipy-0.4.6 under python 2.4.2. The installation went fine but after
>
> import scipy
> scipy.test(level=1)
>
> I get the following error message:

> FAIL: check_simple (scipy.linalg.decomp.test_decomp.test_eig)

I get the same errors.  I think we are both working on a 64 bit
system.  I noticed the comments in the test_fblas.py file in the
linalg/tests directory:

# These test really need to be checked on 64 bit architectures.
# What does complex32 become on such machines? complex64 I'll bet.
# If so, I think we are OK.
# Check when we have a machine to check on.

Is it possible that this is the source of our problem?

Best,

Matthew