[SciPy-user] error compiling scipy with gcc 4.1

Guillem Borrell Nogueras guillem at torroja.dmt.upm.es
Fri Mar 10 15:26:04 CST 2006

Hi

I am trying to compile scipy svn (r1676) with gcc 4.1.  One of gfortran's
developers suggested me to use gcc 4.1 instead of 4.0.2 because this release
is supposed to be much more stable and fast.

After building numpy successfully, also from svn, the scipy compilation fails
when tries to build the dfftpack library.  It seems that distutils fails to
find the fortran compiler.  I'm a bit perplexed about this because it has
been able to build all the previous fortran subpackages...

customize IntelFCompiler
customize LaheyFCompiler
customize PGroupFCompiler
customize AbsoftFCompiler
customize NAGFCompiler
customize VastFCompiler
customize GnuFCompiler
customize CompaqFCompiler
customize IntelItaniumFCompiler
customize Gnu95FCompiler
customize G95FCompiler
customize GnuFCompiler
customize Gnu95FCompiler
customize GnuFCompiler
customize GnuFCompiler using build_clib
building 'dfftpack' library
compiling Fortran sources
f77(f77) options: '-Wall -fno-second-underscore -fPIC -O2 -funroll-loops
-fomit-frame-pointer -malign-double'
compile options: '-c'
f77:f77: Lib/fftpack/dfftpack/dcost.f
sh: f77: command not found
sh: f77: command not found
error: Command "f77 -Wall -fno-second-underscore -fPIC -O2 -funroll-loops
-fomit-frame-pointer -malign-double -c -c Lib/fftpack/dfftpack/dcost.f -o
build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/Lib/fftpack/dfftpack/dcost.o" failed with exit
status 127

I am not specially interested in building scipy with gcc 4.1 but I thought
that the resoults would have some interest.

guillem
--

Guillem Borrell Nogueras
WEBSITE