[SciPy-user] scipy.test problem

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 04:43:24 CST 2006

Hi,

> > I work on a dual processor Xeon box, and try to install scipy. After
> > various unsuccessful attempts, I now compiled BLAS, LAPACK ATLAS and
> > FFTW3.1 from scratch, then installed numpy-0.9.5 and then installed
> > scipy-0.4.6 under python 2.4.2. The installation went fine but after
> >
> > import scipy
> > scipy.test(level=1)
> >
> > I get the following error message:

> > FAIL: check_simple (scipy.linalg.decomp.test_decomp.test_eig)

Sorry to press the team - but

a) Has anyone got this test to pass on an Intel 64bit system?  If so,
would they mind forwarding the details of their setup?
b) Any suggestions of where to start in debugging the problem?

The following replicates the errors Hanno and I are getting:

python -c 'import scipy.linalg ; scipy.linalg.test()'

Thanks a lot,

Matthew