[SciPy-user] non contiguous numpy arrays

Gary S. Thompson garyt at bmb.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 15 10:36:46 CST 2006

Hi
    I have read the stuff on the numpy interface and understand most of
if(?) ;-) However I want to interface numpy to an array which is stored
as a series of data blocks which are not contiguous in memory... Help!

so for example I hava 3d matrix of 1024*512*128 where data is stored in
blocks within memory which are 16x16x16 floats an read in from disk on
demand...

regards
gary

Dr Gary Thompson
Astbury Centre for Structural Molecular Biology,
University of Leeds, Astbury Building,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, West-Yorkshire, UK             Tel. +44-113-3433024
email: garyt at bmb.leeds.ac.uk                   Fax  +44-113-2331407