[SciPy-user] nd_image rename

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Mar 17 13:43:53 CST 2006

Matthew Brett wrote:
> Hi,

> My vote is for ndimage - I tend to agree about 'image' being slightly confusing.

+1 on ndimage: scipy includes pilutils, which wraps the PIL whose import
statement is

import Image

and is very oriented towards 'image as a picture' processing.  I think it's a
good idea to avoid confusion in the minds of possible users between the well
established Image module and scipy's more flexible (but with a different
focus) n-dimensional package.

Cheers,