[SciPy-user] Enthon, Scipy, Numpy, 64-bit windows binaries

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 17:45:14 CST 2006

Simon Hook wrote:
> All,
>
> A few weeks ago there was a thread about users waiting for a particular
> release of Scipy/Numpy before trying their code with it. We are waiting
> for a new release of Enthon including Scipy/Numpy before trying our
> code. In addition we are planning on getting some new machines with
> 64-bit windows XP. My questions:
>
> Any idea when the new version of Enthon will be out. The Enthon folks
> said weeks rather than months about a month ago?

0.9.3 should be out sometime this week, I think. It's currently being tested.
But I'm pretty sure we never promised an Enthon with numpy and scipy 0.4 in that
time frame. It probably won't be until some time in April before we can
transition our commercial product line to numpy. Enthon exists primarily to
support the applications that we deliver to customers.

> Will there be a 64-bit version of Enthon, Numpy, Scipy as a downloadable
> binary for 64-bit XP?

None of our customers have requested deliverables on 64-bit Windows, so there
probably won't be an Enthon for that platform until that happens. I haven't
heard of anyone trying to build numpy or scipy on that platform, either.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

 an underlying truth."