[SciPy-user] Build regression: return of restFP/saveFP problems on OS X?

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 20 21:56:09 CST 2006

Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> writes:

> Zachary Pincus wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I've been building svn versions of scipy just fine for some months
>> now, following Chris Fonnesbeck's instructions on the wiki. (Short
>> version: use gcc3.3, get g77 from the hpc repository.)
>>
>> Today I updated to the latest svn scipy, and I now cannot get scipy
>> to compile because of link errors saying that restFP and saveFP are
>> not defined. These problems used to be endemic with scipy and OS X,
>> but they were fixed some time ago. It looks like they have been re-
>> introduced recently, though.
>
> Uncomment lines 114-115 in numpy/distutils/fcompiler/gnu.py .
>
> David (Cooke), can you explain why you commented them out?

Whoops. I was testing whether I could build using gfortran 4.1.
I compiled gcc 4.1 using darwinports, which doesn't support
cc_dynamic. As far as I can tell, there's not actually a library by
that name; I think the linker does something special when it finds it?

4.1 still didn't work, btw.

It snuck in when I checked in the version-matching changes. Fixed in svn.