[SciPy-user] Problems installing SciPy

Tommy Grav tgrav at mac.com
Wed Mar 22 14:25:13 CST 2006

> tempfile.py is looking for the standard library's random.py module.
> I'll bet
> that the directory you are in has its own random module that is
> getting imported
> instead.

Actually there is no random.py in the directory. However, the error
only happens
when scipy is imported in the interactive session. When importing it
in a script
it seems to work fine (I have not really played around using its
functions, but the
import does not return any errors).

Cheers
Tommy

tgrav at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/tgrav/

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger,
more complex, and more violent. It takes a
touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction"
                          -- Albert Einstein