[SciPy-user] Help installing SciPy.

Armando Serrano Lombillo arserlom at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:19:26 CST 2006

Hello everybody.

I'm trying to install SciPy on an Intel Pentium M Windows XP laptop.
I'm using Python 2.4.2. I'm following the instructions posted at
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows.

Step 1 (Getting MinGW): ok.

Step 2 (numpy): Downloaded Tortoise SVN: ok. Tried to compile:
failure. Had to manually edit the PATH enviroment variable to add the
MinGW/bin path (that should have been explained somewhere). Retry to
complie: ok, numpy works.

Step 3 (scipy): I'm supposed to download some ATLAS binaries from
http://old.scipy.org/download/atlasbinaries/winnt/ I'm not sure which
one to download, can anybody help (Intel Pentium M Windows XP)? Also,
what should I do with those files, just put them in any folder I
choose and set the environment variable accordingly?

Armando Serrano Lombillo.