[SciPy-user] Typo in SciPy code

Armando Serrano Lombillo arserlom at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 15:35:19 CST 2006

In http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/Lib/optimize/info.py
where it says:

min_cobyla   -- Contrained Optimization BY Linear Approximation

it should say [...] -- Constrained [...]

This also appears when you use help(scipy.optimize.fmin_cobyla).

BTW I've been testing some of the optimization routines in scipy
(Nelder-Mead, Powell and COBYLA) and COBYLA was 10 times faster than
the others and it showed much better precision and stability. Is this
due to the implementation (fortran instead of python) or is it just
that the algorithm works better for my problem?