[SciPy-user] Peak Fitting

basvandijk@home.nl basvandijk at home.nl
Thu Mar 30 05:48:07 CST 2006

Hello,

I would like to integrate some data. The data has a somewhat similar form as the
picture of the peak in [1]. I think a good function describing the data is:

y = amp * exp( -exp (x - center/width ) - x - center/width + 1)

Before I integrate I would like to fit it to get rid of the noise.

I don't know much about linear algebra but I've read I can use a non linear
least square fitting method to fit the data. Maybe I can also use others? My question is can I do this with Scipy and if so how?

Greetings,

Bas van Dijk

[1] http://mathworld.wolfram.com/NonlinearLeastSquaresFitting.html