[SciPy-user] mpi4py instalation.

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 23:24:48 CST 2006

Albert,

The best way of building mpi4py is to not use the mpi.cfg file.
Rather, just specify the mpicc excutable:

python setup.py build --mpicc=mpicc

If mpicc is on your PATH should work.

At this point, i think mpi.cfg is for more unusual MPi implementations
that don't "just work".  This should probably be better documented
though.  Try that and let me know what you get.  This might not solve
the problems you are seeing on windows, but it should get you going on
FC5.  Thanks for submitting the tickets.

Another thing, i would grab a newer version of openmpi.

We are in the process of getting a maililng list for mpi4py working.
While there is one shown on the new site, it doesn't work yet.  I know
that Lisanrdo is really busy right now - he is trying to get things
moved over to the new site and finish a paper on mpi4py.

Brian