[SciPy-user] Shooting method function?

Robert Clewley rclewley at cam.cornell.edu
Thu Nov 9 08:56:04 CST 2006

Hi,

Actually, we haven't finished the BVP class we've wanted to put into
PyDSTool. But at least the use of our state events with an IVP solver
provide an efficient way to shoot for things like "when does some function
of my state variables reach a certain value?" (i.e., not just for problems
defined over a fixed interval in the independent variable). We provide
examples of model parameter fitting which are really shooting problems,
and the use of events allows us to cast the problem in a way that can be
solved using scipy's fsolve and the like.

Rob

PS When we're done you'll be able to use AUTO via PyCont to do
sophisticated (and C-level) BVP solving!