[SciPy-user] Have I been given up on? (Was: In need of an OS 10.4.8-compatible Universal binary)

David L Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 15 15:09:35 CST 2006

Steve Lianoglou wrote:
>> Steve (et al.): might it help to see the entire build output - maybe
>> there's something earlier that's not registering w/ me?  (It's quite
>> long, which is why previously I've only provided the last, fatal
>> error,
>> but there are other warnings and some non-fatal errors prior to
>> failure.)  My presumption is that, if the answers is yes, I should
>> email
>> it directly to interested parties?
>>

> Maybe not email, but perhaps you can post it up somewhere online :-)

I'll check (I haven't yet done it here, but I know others have).
> Still, though ... are you able to compile numpy correclty?

Yes?  (It's been a while, but I think I "built" it, i.e., didn't just
install a binary, but I'm not 100% sure.  It definitely seems to be
working fine, though, at least as much of it as I've been calling in my
other work.)
> Did you try removing the build directory and trying again?

I assume you mean the scipy build directory, yes?
> Does a normal `$ python setup.py build` get you anywhere?

It didn't, but I haven't tried that since I've made the various
adjustments, so I'll try it again.

DG

ERD/ORR/NOS/NOAA <http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/emergencyresponse/>