[SciPy-user] Have I been given up on? (Was: In need of an OS 10.4.8-compatible Universal binary)

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Nov 15 15:18:31 CST 2006

>> Still, though ... are you able to compile numpy correclty?
>>
> Yes?  (It's been a while, but I think I "built" it, i.e., didn't just
> install a binary, but I'm not 100% sure.  It definitely seems to be
> working fine, though, at least as much of it as I've been calling
> in my
> other work.)

You can be a bit more certain if it works correctly by running the
test suite, like:

=====
import numpy as np
np.test(10) # I'm not real sure what that number means, you can even
leave it blank
# also what numpy version do you have?
np.__version__
=====

>> Did you try removing the build directory and trying again?
>>
> I assume you mean the scipy build directory, yes?

Yes, sorry for not making it clear. The build directory in /path/to/
scipy_src/build

-steve