[SciPy-user] physical constants module

Stephen Waterbury waterbug at pangalactic.us
Sun Nov 19 17:27:32 CST 2006

Herman Berendsen wrote:
> If you use physical constants (like Planck's constant h, gas constant R, etc.)
> with python, you may be interested to copy my module physcon.py from
> http://www.hjcb.nl/python/ ...

You might want to change the wording in the explanation next to your
"installation tips" button, which says:

"tips for installing scientific python for windows users"
... because there is an open source library called "ScientificPython",
by Konrad Hinsen (<http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/ScientificPython/>),
which should not be confused with SciPy.  I know you did not
capitalize "scientific python", but it still might be confusing for
end-users who are not aware that there is a "Scientific Python" that
is distinct from SciPy.

Cheers,
Steve