[SciPy-user] setup sandbox xplt fail

Pujo Aji ajikoe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 19:02:34 CST 2006

Hello Robert,

I use windows xp and try the following method:
1. Create enabled_packages.txt in directory c:\python24\Lib\sandbox\
And use scipy-0.4.9.win32-py2.4.exe to reinstall scipy

It still can not recognize scipy.xplt

2. Create enabled_packages.txt in directory c:\python24\Lib\sandbox\
And use command line in
c:\python24\Lib\site-packages\scipy\setup install
It gives error message such as:
C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\scipy>setup install
fft_opt_info:
fftw3_info:
  looking libraries fftw3 in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries fftw3 in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries fftw3 in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries fftw3 in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries fftw3 in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  looking libraries fftw3 in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  fftw3 not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

fftw2_info:
  looking libraries rfftw,fftw in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries rfftw,fftw in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries rfftw,fftw in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries rfftw,fftw in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries rfftw,fftw in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  looking libraries rfftw,fftw in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  fftw2 not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

dfftw_info:
  looking libraries drfftw,dfftw in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries drfftw,dfftw in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries drfftw,dfftw in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries drfftw,dfftw in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries drfftw,dfftw in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  looking libraries drfftw,dfftw in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  dfftw not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

djbfft_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

  NOT AVAILABLE

could not resolve pattern in 'fftpack': 'dfftpack\\*.f'
non-existing path in 'fftpack': 'fftpack.pyf'
non-existing path in 'fftpack': 'src/zfft.c'
non-existing path in 'fftpack': 'src/drfft.c'
non-existing path in 'fftpack': 'src/zrfft.c'
non-existing path in 'fftpack': 'src/zfftnd.c'
non-existing path in 'fftpack': 'convolve.pyf'
non-existing path in 'fftpack': 'src/convolve.c'
Appending scipy.fftpack configuration to scipy
Ignoring attempt to set 'name' (from 'scipy' to 'scipy.fftpack')
blas_opt_info:
blas_mkl_info:
  looking libraries mkl,vml,guide in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries mkl,vml,guide in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries mkl,vml,guide in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  looking libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas in C:\Python24\lib but found
None
  looking libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas in C:\Python24\lib but found
None
  looking libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas in C:\Python24\libs but found
None
  looking libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas in C:\Python24\libs but found
None
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_info:
  looking libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  looking libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  NOT AVAILABLE

C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py:1281:
UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_info:
  looking libraries blas in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries blas in C:\Python24\lib but found None
  looking libraries blas in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries blas in C:\ but found None
  looking libraries blas in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  looking libraries blas in C:\Python24\libs but found None
  NOT AVAILABLE

C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py:1290:
UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas]) or by setting
    the BLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_src_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py:1293:
UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) sources not found.
    Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas_src]) or by setting
    the BLAS_SRC environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasSrcNotFoundError.__doc__)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\scipy\setup.py", line 30, in ?
    setup(**configuration(top_path='').todict())
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\scipy\setup.py", line 7, in
configuration
    config.add_subpackage('integrate')
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line
740, in add_subpackage
    caller_level = 2)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line
723, in get_subpackage
    caller_level = caller_level + 1)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\misc_util.py", line
670, in _get_configuration_from_setup_py
    config = setup_module.configuration(*args)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\scipy\integrate\setup.py", line 11, in
configuration
    blas_opt = get_info('blas_opt',notfound_action=2)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py", line
249, in get_info
    return cl().get_info(notfound_action)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\numpy\distutils\system_info.py", line
397, in get_info
    raise self.notfounderror,self.notfounderror.__doc__
numpy.distutils.system_info.NotFoundError: Some third-party program or
library is not found.

Did I miss something ?

TIA,
Pujo